First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Structure of a network.
Every network is composed of sub-networks.
- These sub-networks can be classified by function and type.
- Security should be implemented both on the host, but also based upon the functionality of the networks a host is a member of.
- Example sub-networks would include, eCommerce, sales, workstations, servers, web services, VPN or extranet.
- Communication between hosts in a network and networks should be well documented with security enforced.
- A web server should not need to initiate connections to the Internet
- A member of the sales sub-network should not need to access the database administration port on your SQL server.